Friday, December 2, 2022

Moving Day

Apartment Stairs

Paris apartment

Today is moving day.  We leave Paris and head to Brugge by way of Brussels.  


I had to give up on the blog as google did not recognize my sign in and wanted to send me a code via phone call or text message as verification.  I can't get either while in Europe so I'll continue to just email.  To be clear, nobody has to read my emails.  I write them mostly for myself as a journal of our travels.  You will not be tested on any of the material when we get home.

Our window view



We will miss our little apartment that we had in Paris.  I've included some photos.  We were five stories up on the fourth floor.  Floor 0 is the entry level floor.  There is a tiny elevator (comfortable for two people) that we ride when going up.  We usually walked the near 100 steps down when we left as the elevator was so slow. 


The subways in Paris are a good way to get around.  They are clean and seem to be safe.  However, there were times that we were packed in like sardines.  Seriously, if I had lifted both of my feet, I think I would have remained upright because we were squeezed in so tightly.  Also, while there are a few escalators and we even saw an elevator once however the norm is lots and lots of steps going down and coming up out of the subway.  I'm not complaining but even after we were in the subway we could walk half a mile before getting to our track.  The buses seemed to be more senior citizen friendly but slower.

I mentioned that we've tried to embrace the French culture by indulging in pastries, wine, cheese and bread.  I forgot to add that we decided to also take up smoking.  I've heard a lot of good things about it.  
*************
Kathleen’s Crown

We've arrived in Brugge today.  I'll write more about this city that is busting with old world charm later.  But I'lll sign off with something that Kathleen tweeted today,  " I am a tired New Yorker facing an existential crisis about my career. I was just dragging my roller board suitcase down a cobblestone road in Bruges and had to pull over to let a horse drawn carriage pass. If Hallmark has taught me anything, I will be a princess by Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment