Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Camping with Ken and Cathy

Some of you know that Cathy and I had taken a 12 year hiatus from camping. However last fall we dug our camper out of mothballs and headed out east for a 17 Day Road Trip. The success of that trip gave us the confidence to try an even longer trip to Florida. So with the thermometer hovering at two below zero and the wind chill at-19, we once again dug out our trailer (this time out of a frozen snowbank) and started making plans to head to Panama City before continuing elsewhere in the sunshine state.


Leaving the cottage with
camper and bikes
As we told people of our plans there were two distinctly different reactions. The first group thought this was a great idea!  This group was led by my cousin Maureen, her husband Bruce and my cousin Bill, all of whom did this themselves.  The second (and much larger) group thinks we are crazy!  When we look at these photos we'really not sure which group we belong to!
All hooked up and ready to go!

The camper

6 comments:

  1. I’m looking forward to the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage! It's not just for cruises. You can always come home. Good luck and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun. Safe driving. I look forward to your blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! You're living my dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, well. This looks like a most excellent adventure. Thanks for inviting me to enjoy your running / traveling commentary. BTW, are you burning #45's hair in that first photo?

    ReplyDelete